Thursday, April 9, 2015

Alex flew to Florida yesterday to start his 7 weeks on the road.  Now that he's actually moved out of the guest house (as in he packed up his stuff and is storing it in floor-to-ceiling boxes along one wall of the 2nd bedroom) I arranged for Bella to come clean.  Unfortunately that doesn't happen until April 21, but after that we will again be "open for business" with regard to visitors!



After a delightful afternoon with Cheri yesterday, 
I was rather surprised to find this e-mail from "her" last evening:


Greetings,
I hope you get this in time... I made a trip to Turkey and had my bag stolen from me with my passport and personal effects therein. The embassy has just issued me a temporary passport, but I have to pay for a ticket and settle my hotel bills with the Manager.
I have made contact with my bank, but it would take me 3-5 working days to access funds in my account, the bad news is my flight will be leaving very soon, but I am having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let me leave until I settle the bills, I need your help/LOAN financially and I promise to make the refund once I get back home, you are my last resort and hope, please let me know if I can count on you and i need you to keep checking your email because it's the only way I can reach you.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Cheri


YA THINK? 


Now that the backyard has pretty much dried out from our most recent irrigation (and we are having a "cold snap") I'm going to do more work in the jungle this morning.  


No comments:

Post a Comment