Sunday, April 19, 2015

Time to post some of Carol's tops, as promised.  


Here's a mini stack and whack.


The penny on one of the blocks gives you an idea 
of just how small the pieces are.


And as folks who quilt (and do other handwork) know, the true test is how tidy the back looks... and this one definitely passes that test!



The blue and white squares in this top are also small, 1/2" x 1/2". 



Who doesn't like cupcakes?


I found this picture of Carol when she showed it at Busy Bees (date unknown)


These little 2"  turkeys are awfully cute, too.



I like these small stars, though not so sure about the little spaceman.



Nice and bright:



Once these two sections are sewn together they will make a nice lap quilt.

  

This blue flower top really made me smile.  I'm guessing that Carol made it many years ago, at the same time Linda Callahan made the one that currently hangs at Betty's house (and which I've always admired.)  Now I'll have one of my own!



Somewhere I have a picture of Betty, Carol, and Linda (a wonderful trio of close friends) all wearing a floppy hat, though it has not yet turned up despite a thorough search.  Did find this cropped one of Linda.


                  








No comments:

Post a Comment