Thursday, April 2, 2015

Alex came by between work and work last night and whipped up yummy quesadillas for dinner with some of the leftover chicken. I got to lounge on the couch while he did all the work (he even cleaned up the kitchen afterward) and watch NOVA about NASA's Kepler mission and the ingenious method it used to spot distant planets that could potentially harbor life.



After that I watched a Ken Burns 2-hour documentary Cancer: The Emperor of All Maladies which was quite informative.  I learned all sorts of stuff I never knew!



When Tom called last night I wasn't really able to talk (though this morning I may be trying to get my voice back.)  It's so cold where he is (they've had snow) that he finally got chased out of the camper shell and into a motel room.  Of course we're experiencing our own "cold" snap this week... temps are only going to be in the 80s (after setting several records last week with our high 90s.)  Like everyone else, with temps 15 degrees above normal this early in the season, I feared for an extra-hot summer, but "everyone" says that's not necessarily the case.  Obviously we'll just have to wait and see, while chanting our mantra:

We had a lovely winter (unlike the rest of the country)  
We had a lovely winter (unlike the rest of the country) 
We had a lovely winter (unlike the rest of the country) 
We had a lovely winter (unlike the rest of the country) 



I've got the alarm set for tomorrow morning, when I need to get up at 4:30 for irrigation.  So take a wild guess <G> about what time my eyes popped open this morning.


At least I don't have much on the schedule today. I'd like to try this


except I can still barely croak, let along sing.... LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment