Friday, April 24, 2015

The volunteer luncheon was enjoyable, but certainly not uneventful.


I had just finished creating my tray-ful (hamburger, beans, watermelon, etc.), but as I was getting ready to leave the staff lunchroom I slipped on a puddle of water.  Of course the tray, in my right hand, went flying as I went down.  Instinctively I put out my other (left) hand, which took the brunt of the fall and saved my back/hip.


Immediately I had lots of help to get up, and the nurse appeared with a wheelchair (although I made it to her office under my own steam so she could check out my hand/wrist.)  Which, thankfully, seems to be fine, although I did keep an ice pack on it for the next hour.


After I remade my lunch I enjoyed visiting with Patti/Vicki/Carol, 
then when their lunch time was over I spent Diane's with her.    

No comments:

Post a Comment