Saturday, April 18, 2015

Thursday, after my appointment with the chiropractor (still keep making progress!) I met Teresa for lunch at the Olive Garden.  Over my usual (endless soup and salad) we caught up on stuff.  She and Kaye had just gotten home from visiting the kids/grandkids in Colorado on Monday, and that afternoon were headed back out of town again.  Glad we managed to fit in a lunch!



Thursday evening Tom and I continued to catch up on the Oscar films by watching The Imitation Game (about how Alan Turing broke the unbreakable Nazi Enigma code during WWII.)  Obviously he had a brilliant mind, but like so many highly gifted people his was not a happy life, and had a truly sad ending.



Friday was my last stint as Word Wizard for the year (and probably "forever") when I had several interesting experiences. First, Alex called just as I was walking into Mrs. Crenshaw's classroom.  She was his 4th grade teacher, and asks about him every time she sees me.  So I handed her the phone and let her answer it and chat briefly with him.  The class also said "hello" and "goodbye" to him, and of course they loved hearing about one of her former students.



The second experience proved the following:


As I was getting ready to leave Vicki's room at the end, she started updating me about her daughter (who is in the process of converting to Judaism before she marries an Orthodox man) so I got distracted for another 15 minutes or so.  Then when I was signing out in the school office I realized I wasn't carrying my magic wand.  Since I had some place to be and didn't want to take the time to run back to the classroom to get it I asked the school secretary to call the room and ask Patti to bring it home with her (I'll be seeing her tomorrow.)  Boy did I feel stupid when Patti texted me that I had stashed it in my purse.


After a quick stop at the library (I had 3 books that had come in) and then home to let the irrigation water go (Tom was hung up at the car place getting his car serviced after his recent travels), I zoomed down to Carol's house where her daughter Mindy and SIL Greg were busy trying to get the house cleared out before they have to head back to Kentucky in a week.  The original plan was for me to pick up a number of boxes of fabric and quilt projects to take to the Busy Bees, but once I got there that plan changed since the business meeting won't happen until the end of the month; Mindy thought it was this coming Wednesday.  Instead, I sent out an e-mail to the ladies, who can stop by Carol's house and go through all the quilt fabric/thread/books/tools/etc. on their own.



This morning I actually did some sewing, and in a bit am off to return Wanda's light box, give her more lemons, and pick up some lemon pound cake she made.  If it's only half as good as the last batch of goodies (pie and cookies) that she made from our lemons it'll still be scrumptious!  (And Tom will get to eat some.)    


Depending on how long I stay at Wanda's, 
this afternoon I hope to head over and visit Carol and Pat at rehab.






No comments:

Post a Comment