Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Sunday I pulled out this scrappy UFO to work on.  I'd put it away several years ago when I thought I didn't have quite enough blocks to do the outer rows of squares - and couldn't find any matching white-on-cream to make more.  


But I was wrong (on both counts) which I discovered when I decided to finish up at least three sides and then figure out what to use on the fourth.  I not only had enough squares to do all four sides (with one left over) but there is actually enough white-on-cream fabric to make more if I'd needed.



Late afternoon Sunday I popped over to Patti's for a much-needed haircut.  It had gotten quite long in places (though I'd been trimming the bangs myself) and feels so much better now.



Monday's visit to the chiropractor was again successful.  He even fixed my jaw, which has been giving me trouble for years.  First it was the TMJ (which the night appliance has helped some) and of course doing that face plant several years ago (knocking out my tooth in the process) really pushed my bite out of whack.  I experienced serious 'burning' when he worked on those muscles - but was amazed at how much wider I could open my mouth when he was done.



Then on the way home I stopped in to see Carol and Pat at Rehab.  Carol is still in considerable pain since her second surgery a week ago.  When she fell, the muscles around her new hip 'exploded' and needed to be wired together. OUCH!  



I ran out of steam last night before I got the fourth side 
(that's the strip on the far right) of my quilt sewn on.  
  

But that shouldn't take long today. I've definitely learned from past experience NOT to work when I'm tired.


Then I'll just have to decide on the width for my borders and I can finish up.  However I've been up since 3:30 this morning so I do expect to run out of steam at some point.  I read for awhile


and may have dozed off around 6:00 for a short while.  
But still expect to crash early tonight.


I certainly hope to get a good night's sleep tonight 
since tomorrow I'll be in the 5th grade subbing for Diane.



When I went into the kitchen this morning I discovered Mr. Scorpion near the ceiling by Tom's coffee maker.  So when he got up I pointed that out to him as he was heading to get coffee.  


Usually I don't try to talk to him before he's had at least one cup - 
but didn't want him to get any nasty surprises.



Now I'm waiting for Bella and her crew to arrive to attack the guest house.


No comments:

Post a Comment