Saturday, April 25, 2015

Today is WORLD PENGUIN DAY
which aims to raise awareness for the importance of conserving penguins’ natural habitats.  The day coincides with the Adelié penguins’ return to Antarctica after months spent at sea.  The area is home to more than 10,000, including Adelié and emperor penguins, but is under threat from human interference.


We celebrate penguins around the world twice a year. 
January 20th is Penguin Awareness Day.
April 25th is World Penguin Day.

Check out the link below to see why every day should be Penguin Day.... <G>

This reminds me that I really need to get started on my Foothills Challenge Quilt (due in October.)  Although I've got a fair idea of what I plan to do, things often <LOL> turn out differently. And of course


I'm still debating whether to drive up to Sedona today for the Quiltfest.  It's not like I need any more ideas about quilts to make, or need to buy any more fabric.  And nobody is able to go with me today.  (Tom gallantly offered to go, but somehow I don't think that would work out.)  I'll see how energetic and motivated  I feel after my coffee kicks in.  The fact that they're predicting more rain (which we can always use!) and crappy weather for today makes the drive look less appealing.  A lot of the quilt show is supposed to be outside, which could also present a problem.


Speaking of crappy weather, the tornadoes in the South and Mid-West seem especially bad this season.  Alex is currently in Florida, but the bus will shortly be heading west, right into Tornado Alley. Hope he doesn't run into any of it!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment