Saturday, November 26, 2016

Mom and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Ed & Emily's beautiful new house. We got the full inside tour, though it was too chilly to tour the spacious grounds.  In the short time since they moved in Emily has done a great job, and I especially love the art room for the kids. Emily worked up a color palette which will make selecting fabrics for their quilt much easier for me, and while we all visited I even got in a game of Scrabble with Charlie (with Harry helping by picking tiles for me.)

Back at Mink Hollow I got a mini-tutorial on Evidence when we went over my exam.  Andy was impressed (at least that's what he said!) when I caught on to several key distinctions that apparently take some of his students considerably longer to grasp. Tonight was not the first time he said he thought I'd have made a good lawyer, though have serious doubts on that score!

They've been watching The Crown on Netflix and tonight I watched their next episode with them.  It was quite enjoyable and well done, so once I get home I plan to watch the show from the beginning.  When we headed back upstairs I mentioned having a piece of pie.  Good thing I wasn't trying to sneak a late night snack; Andy had already set the alarm, so when I unlocked and opened the door to the screened-in porch (with the cold weather it's been serving as additional frig space for the 5 pies) it went off.  While having dessert we capped off the evening with - what else? - a couple of games of Rummikub.

No comments:

Post a Comment