Tuesday, September 1, 2015

My back continues to improve <YAY!!!> and now is 'just' sore and achy instead of truly painful. In fact I am feeling so much better that I actually got some sewing done this afternoon.



In other exciting news, the remaining four books I had on my Hold list (including Go Set A Watchman) have arrived at the library, though I may wait until next week to go pick them up.  Doesn't look like I'll run out of books to read any time soon!



Spoke to Mindy a little while ago, and she reports that Carol is doing better today.  They even had her out of bed for a short time today, though she is still in considerable pain.  I plan to stop in at the hospital tomorrow for a quick visit.



Last night's monsoon, which totally missed our part of town, did a job elsewhere in The Valley, flooding roads, uprooting huge trees, and knocking out power to over 70,000 people.  Most had power restored within 24 hours, though there are still about 12,000 going without.  Gotta feel for them in this heat! No weather likely tonight, but we have irrigation scheduled for this weekend - so maybe then?



During dinner Tom noticed the coyote lounging in the grass in the Back 40, so I thought I'd take another photo.  But by the time I grabbed my camera it was gone.  We haven't seen the peahen or peacock in quite a while, and I sure hope they didn't fall victim to a coyote!





No comments:

Post a Comment