Friday, September 4, 2015

Breakfast with the ladies at Wildflower was delightful, where I chowed down on stuffed French toast (reminded me of blintzes) with berry "sauce" to go with it.  And I got more presents!  Perri gifted me some of her homemade fig jam and a beautiful Zentangle gourd she made, Jeannie gave me a cute pin cushion (with a 'secret' compartment), and Wanda (who obviously knows me well!) had baked some some yummy chocolate cookies!




Back at the house afterward they admired my recent handiwork.



Here's the finished pillow for Rachelle and Bob, ready to pop in the mail.


And here's the gecko scrap quilt I made for ME!  
Everyone agrees that it's a very happy quilt.



I did make it to the gym today.  Jim and I went over the chiropractor's suggestions of exercises to do here at home, and he added a couple of related ones to the list.  However, until healing is complete the machines and other weight-bearing exercises are definitely off the table.  Afterward, I did 10 minutes on the treadmill at a nice easy pace on a slight incline (as suggested by the chiropractor to get my feet walking correctly.)



And finally here are some of the gifts I opened yesterday.  Sandy and Andy sent me a handy insulated lunch bag that will come in very handy when I sub next week.  In this heat (not expected to really dissipate much before Halloween) it's very important to keep food cold.  Tom gave me a subscription to a quilt magazine.  Maybe he's hoping it'll give me ideas to use up some of my fabric stash? <g>



Marilyn and Don sent me this colorful t-shirt.  I'm thinking that Conestoga covers like this would have made the trek West somewhat more bearable!


Also included was this bag of Mexican Hat coneflower seeds.  


I really, really fell in love with those beautiful wildflowers (AKA weeds) when I was visiting in May, and took about a zillion pictures of them during my walks around the ranch that week.  But I had forgotten Marilyn offered to collect seeds when the time was right and send them to me.



(And also included were also a couple of pairs of socks - always welcome!)

Mom surprised me with one of her wonderful needlework projects.  Love the sentiment!  Now just have to find the right place to hang it.

No comments:

Post a Comment