Tuesday, September 8, 2015

After I got back from the gym yesterday afternoon (where I did some more stretching/strengthening exercises with Jim) Colleen came back over and we headed to Jeannie's for the cutting party.  Using the Accu-cut machine sure made fast work out of cutting my 2.5" strips; after that I was free to visit with all the other ladies and nibble on all the goodies that Jeannie had set out.



Wanda clued me in on a quick and easy way to make lots of half-square triangle blocks at once, and once I saw a picture of one of her latest creations (of course her quilt uses considerably brighter fabrics than the picture below, which is much too bland for me) I got yet another idea of a scrap quilt to use up some of my 2.5" lumberyard squares.  


I was anxious to try out the method (before I forgot how) so last night after we finished watching a movie I cut out two 10.5" squares and whipped out my first 8 blocks.  While they still need to be trimmed/squared up, it certainly did go quickly!



Alex popped over last night (literally just long enough to pick up his rather large pile of laundry, all neatly folded) before he was off again to visit with friends.  Here's a shot from yesterday, with Aja, that he posted on FB.



I've been sleeping better the last several nights, but <sigh> this morning was back to my old tricks, and have been up since around 3:00.  


I've already swept/skimmed the pool, and I'm very happy to report that the new Creepy seems to be doing its job!



Around lunchtime I have my appointment with my new PCP.  Her office is right next to T-Bird hospital, so afterward I'll pop in to visit Carol, who should be feeling a lot better than when I was there last Wednesday!  Then I need to hit the grocery store to pick up fruit for tomorrow, when I'm hostess at Foothills.  Once home after that I expect <g> to fade rather early.





No comments:

Post a Comment