Wednesday, September 9, 2015

I enjoyed the Foothills meeting this morning (once I got the food set up.)  Here are a few of the goodies from Show & Tell.

Black and White and Red is always a dynamic combination.



Donna's cat will make a fun Halloween decoration.



Carolyn's pinwheels are bright and cheery.


And I love the turquoise and purples in her sampler.



Ellen made this as a test for a mystery quilt.  The instructions were to choose 3 coordinated fabrics and 1 zinger, and her fabrics turned out to be perfect.
  

And here's her Grand Canyon Row-By-Row from the 35th Ave. pattern.



Judy made up this custom table runner for a friend's 12 foot (!) dining room table.



Mary was disappointed when her quilt center turned out not to be square, 
and her borders wouldn't work.


So she turned the borders into a (skinny) quilt (bed runner?) of their own.



This afternoon I made a trip to the library and picked up the 5 books waiting for me, including Go Set A Watchman, which I've started.  I'm not far enough into it yet to make an assessment.


Alex joined us for dinner, partly to see Tom before he heads to Denver tomorrow for the big rock show. I grilled salmon, steamed green beans, made wild rice - and we also had the ubiquitous summer watermelon.  Alex has been eating really, really well while on tour (great catering) but has missed watermelon.  The guys actually bought one, but then had no place to put it on the bus where it wouldn't roll around so they didn't do that again.  Too bad they couldn't find any square watermelons!



I realized tonight that I forgot to pick up Rx on way home from quilting - probably because I didn't write myself a note.  Maybe I'll do that tomorrow after school.

No comments:

Post a Comment