Friday, December 5, 2014

While I was watching Peter Pan on TV last night I got my binding made, attached, and almost finished the hand-sewing.  When Tom was turning in at 10:30 he offered to stay up and keep me company while I finished, but I decided it was time to quit and the rest could wait until today. So at least I am close to finishing one of my needs-to-be-mailed projects... which means I should actually be able start (!) on the other one later today. At least the remaining project shouldn't take as long..... thankfully!

In other exciting (?) news, during commercials last night I finally finished emptying the big suitcase (no, not just dumping the contents onto the floor) and have even exiled it back to the garage.  Only took me 5 days, but I really have been busy.  Really!  And in a little bit I am off to visit Betty.  I would like to pick up Carol and bring her with me - but she's not answering her cell phone (because she's not hearing it?)  Another reason, Jeannie (per our discussion yesterday) not to get rid of those land lines!

Yesterday I got the AQG challenge fabric packet from Jeannie.  I do like the chosen fabrics, and already have some ideas of what to make with them.  The finished wall-hanging size is limited to no larger than 24" x 24" so it should go fairly quickly.  (The deadline is sometime before the AQG Quilt Show in March, where they plan to display them.)  Of course it's always tempting <g> to start playing  with a new project... BUT I am restraining myself, and to that end have tucked the packet away until I finish up my holiday gifts.  Speaking of which, it was very helpful to get a list of books on Lisa's wish list from her yesterday.  Now I just need her new address!

On the news last night there was a short segment about a shooting outside The Mint (where Alex works) the night before, which got my attention since Wednesday night was one of the nights he works.  Apparently an 'altercation' inside the club continued in the parking lot after those involved in the fracas were ejected from the club, and at some point the dispute escalated to a shooting.  When I texted Alex, he assured me that the news media made more of it than it was (gee, do they do that?) 



No comments:

Post a Comment