Thursday, December 11, 2014



The new irrigation Zanjero (Terry) figured out what today's problem was.  As I suspected, someone who hadn't signed up ended up taking our water.  I don't think they meant to, since they weren't home and ended up flooding their neighbor's place.  Because it's not summer (and rain is predicted for the weekend) the trees will be fine.  Plus we saved the $30 (which, as Ann used to say, is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.)


I tried to drop off a replacement thermorest for Jeannie on my way to the grocery store (she had recently gifted hers to a friend who was badly in need of one!) but she wasn't home.  What a surprise, when I got home, to find her ringing our doorbell on her way home from a luncheon.  She had the cutest penguin applique pattern for me. 

 

Wanda and I played phone tag today. 


 I called her this morning and left a message.  While Jeannie was here, Wanda called me back.  (I had Jeannie answer the phone, which of course confused Wanda no end.)  When I called Wanda back after Jeannie left, Wanda's son had just dropped by.  We did eventually connect, and I got (most of) my questions answered.


I was anxious to see how my sashing fabric choices would look, so made up a strip and sewed three penguin blocks together.  They seem pretty happy - and I am, too!

  

Now it's time to crawl into bed and read - and from what I've read so far, I'm pretty sure it's going to be a hard book to put down!


No comments:

Post a Comment