Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Busy Bee party was fun.  Melissa's husband provided the music (he plays guitar and sings) and then we tried to play fat quarter Bingo.  But that was a little difficult to do without cards and numbers... LOL!  So we moved on to plan B.  

I wore my new penguin scarf, but still don't know which "quilting lady" to thank.  When I made my thank you announcements and no one stepped up to claim responsibility for dropping the scarf off at the house last month, all of a sudden there were numerous volunteers offering to take credit... and all got hugs.  Hopefully the mystery will be solved next week at the Foothills party.  Of course today's food was delicious (and plentiful) so I went back for seconds (and am still full!) But at least a lot of what I devoured were healthy salad dishes.

This afternoon Tom loaded up my computer into the car and I took it in for service.  No idea if it's going to be an easy fix (like 'just' deleting a virus?) or if the computer is merely old and tired and wants to be replaced.  I'm hoping to hear something from them before they close today.  (Not having my computer explains why there are no pix to accompany this post.)

Then it was off to Target for a whole list of stuff (Tom approves of the flatter rug I got for inside the back door; the other one was too tall and had a nasty habit of getting hung up whenever the door was opened.) I also swung by the hardware store for some chain and a baby carabiner, and with Tom's 'engineering' help the hummingbird feeder is back up in the now-naked mulberry tree by the hot tub.  Wonder how long it'll take the little guys to find it?

I texted Jeannie to see if she was home this afternoon (nope) which was when she asked if I wanted her to pick me up for Bookclub at Cheri's tonight.  I'd forgotten all about that - but of course I want to go; it was a good read. So it looks like (once again) I won't be getting anything done around the house this evening.  My suitcase is still sitting on the bedroom floor, virtually full. I may end up setting a personal record for not unpacking in a timely fashion...




No comments:

Post a Comment