Sunday, December 14, 2014

“Time is a created thing. To say ‘I don’t have time’ is to say ‘I don’t want to.’”
—Lao Tzu, Chinese philosopher and author of the Tao De Ching


However this afternoon I did get out the Chanukah decorations and menorahs, and this evening I got gifts wrapped.



In the What Is He Thinking dept:
Patti stopped by for a bit this afternoon, and  told me that Joel is going to take a semester off from school to go work on a construction job... in North Dakota! He leaves Jan 1, driving back with his friend (coming home for the holidays) who's been working there making BIG bucks. Joel wants to buy a car he "doesn't have to work on" so the money was just too good to pass up. 


 Joel's friend has also recruited a 3rd victim to return there with him.


When I asked if Joel would be living with his friend, Patti told me the guys will be living in a Man Camp. I shudder to think what those living conditions will be like. 


 This morning Patti spoke with her mom (in Florida) who gives Joel until his first paycheck in mid-January (for plane fare) to decide he's had enough of North Dakota winter.  Below is the first picture that popped up when I googled North Dakota Snow:


 JOEL: The REASON these guys are making big bucks is because that is the ONLY way they can get anyone to work construction in North Dakota in the wintertime...

  

No comments:

Post a Comment