Friday, December 12, 2014

Technology, that friend to so many, can really thumb its nose 


and roll its eyes at me

 

It's happened again (yesterday, for example), 
and I have absolutely no doubt it will happen again!.  


When I pulled into the driveway next to Jeannie's car yesterday afternoon I rolled down  my window to say hi.  She helped me carry in some of the groceries, and (because my hands were full?!) I clicked the car keys to open the front door.  Which OF COURSE did not work (and I must admit it wasn't the first time I'd tried it) though of course gave us both a good laugh.


 However, that may have been <G> because I hit the lock instead of the unlock button?  And I know that now because when I went out after Jeannie left (to bring in the the non-perishables) the door was locked.  I didn't have my keys with me, so I merely stuck my arm through the open window to manually unlock the door.  Which turned out NOT to be a good idea...


  Why not?  Because it made the car very unhappy.
WHO KNEW that would set off the car alarm? 


I wasted a fair amount of time trying to figure out what button I had accidentally pushed (so I could UNpush it?)  The true solution was to just go back into the house, get my keys, and hit the Panic Button to shut it off.  At that point I still didn't understand what had happened, 



and so to demonstrate to Tom that I hadn't accidentally hit an alarm button (if there's one in the car I sure can't find it!), "all I did" was reach through the open window - AND THERE IT WENT AGAIN!


Tom figures my high tech car (obviously useless for a technology immigrant like me) has some sort of anti-theft sensor which becomes screamingly upset when someone has the nerve to stick a hand through the open window.



And THAT's how I learned something new yesterday.






No comments:

Post a Comment