Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Anybody have a name for the syndrome whereby your vehicle refuses to make 'those' worrisome noises once you take it to a mechanic?  When I called to check on my computer late yesterday afternoon it appears that syndrome also infects computers; several of the issues I have been seeing here at home are working just fine (!) for the computer tech.  Marilyn, told you that computers really are out to get me!

Last night we enjoyed a lively discussion of The Boys in The Boat; Cheri's new question format was quite successful.  And the food (once again) was absolutely delicious.  (Cheri has quipped that we really should call ourselves An Eating Club whose Members Also Like to Read...) Dinner was capped off with more amazing desserts Myra made to go with the book, and IF I had my computer I could share pictures of her creative masterpieces.  What makes it even more incredible is that she doesn't eat any of them herself, not even to taste. I was the first person to bite into one, and she wanted to know if it was okay. Absolutely not I told her, adding "okay" would most definitely be an insult! Some words that did come to mind were 'declicious', 'incredible', 'exquisite', etc.  Don't think Myra believed me, at least until the next person bit into one and had a very vocal OMG reaction!  Our next Bookclub meeting is February 4 (and yes, I put this one on my calendar as soon as I got home last night!) when the book will be one I suggested: Orphan Train, by Christina Baker Kline.  

This morning I woke up to rain, which makes it a good day to stay home and sew.  Except I found out last night that Gina is in from China so some of the quilting ladies are getting together at Pita Jungle to lunch with her. And how can I pass up that opportunity?  I am about to get started sewing now that I've finished my 'coffee' (it's not yet 8:00 so there's the possibility of making considerable progress before lunch, right?)




No comments:

Post a Comment