Friday, September 27, 2013

Yesterday was a BUSY day in the sense that I was gone all day.  

Around 10:15 I left the house, headed to PT for my free 30-minute Health/Wellness consultation with Charlie.  That's an interesting  program but fairly pricey, and since it's probably not going to offer me anything I don't already know/do I didn't sign up.  

At 11:00 I launched into my second session of physical therapy.  Tuesday's intake and first session with Noelle went very well; she is personable and knowledgeable, and I expect PT to help a lot.  Yesterday she supervised Courtney's work with me, and the time seemed to fly by.  After a productive hour of work (with 'homework' assigned) and then 10 minutes of icing, I was off to Mary's. 

Linda had already arrived, so I had to catch up on the latest on her husband Rick; his PSA scores have not dropped much since he finished radiation a month ago, but we're all hoping for better news on the next testing in three months!

 And then we were off to lunch at The Corner Bakery (a new experience for Linda and me, and we both agree it's a wonderful addition to our list of places to eat.)

I had the special posted by the door (scrumptious cream of asparagus soup with 3 different yummy salads) and then went back for a mini chocolate bundt cake for dessert that was light and airy and very chocolate-y!  I'd say it was a very successful lunch date!

We lingered there over lunch (for hours!) gabbing about a multitude of subjects, including (but not limited to) books (we all had recommendations for each other, and it turns out that Linda recently read - and loved - the book I'm currently reading, The Invisible Bridge), husbands (we think all 3 of us may be married to the same man!), quilting (I got to hear about the recent wonderful class they attended, taught by well-known quilter), and the most recent child-left-in-hot-car-tragedy (http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/laurieroberts/2013/09/25/boys-death-is-unimaginable-or-sadly-not/

Estera called me as I was pulling into the driveway around 4:00 (Tom did wonder how lunch could last so long...) and invited me over.  Bennie had left that day for Romania (a recent accident has laid up his brother-in-law, and his parents need some help on the family's dairy farm) and she was lonesome already.  
Since Bennie works from home she's really used to having him around.  Plus Julianna has special needs, and that takes a toll on a Mom.  Later we took advantage of the cool of the early evening and took the little ones (and the dog) for a walk in the neighborhood.

I'm about to eat some hearty oatmeal and then head off to the gym for a workout.  

No comments:

Post a Comment