Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Today was a quilty day, with Busy Bees in the morning and Foothills in the afternoon.  I was the hostess for BB -and since my partner was unable to make it today it was all on my shoulders. <g>

In truth, of course, it was quite easy.  (And a couple of ladies, Carolyn and Bobbi, did offer to help when they heard of my 'predicament'.)  But I already had it wired; I brought in brightly colored, absolutely delicious, perfectly ripe green grapes, red strawberries, and orange cantaloupe (I do love the bright colors...) and had also picked up some M&M cookies at Fry's for those with a sweet tooth.  I know that some of the ladies get really creative in the baking department.... but we all know that's definitely not me!

Lots of charity quilts came in today, but Peggy's total was the most impressive: just in the past month she's finished more than a dozen lap quilts, and 28 preemie/baby quilts.

The other main business at the meeting was making final preparations for next week's tea and bed-turning, to which we have invited the ladies from Daisy Mountain.  Check out this creative decoration Louise whipped up to go over a wine glass as a table decoration.  Once it has a tea light glowing in there it's going to be perfect!

And Sharon's tea cozy is not only functional, but bright and cheery!

Sharon had bought 18 green fat quarters to make this hummingbird quilt 
but she only needed a little of each color...

So look what she did with the 'leftovers'...

Joni's been working on her applique bunny quilt for years now - 
see how cute the top turned out!

Before she became a quilter, Melissa sewed clothing.

This was her first quilt, and used scraps from dresses she'd made.

June shared this BQ3 quilt she made.  
We all really liked the effect achieved by the angled pieces.

After the meeting it was quick dash home to drop off the leftover fruit, lunch on  the leftover salmon, rice, and honeydew from last night's dinner, and then blast off to Foothills for the gift program (instead of our usual Sew Day on the 4th Wednesday.)  A number of ladies demo-ed about a dozen quick gift ideas (we all know the holidays are coming!)  These were the ones that I really liked (and think I can actually make them.)

Jan showed how to make these handy pot holders.


She also showed how to make these variably-sized holders for bowls that go into the microwave... no more trying to lift out HOT bowls, plus it makes it easy to pass hot bowls around the table!

Ruth's casserole cover was another project that's now on my list.

It also works great for carrying home leftovers from the restaurant!

And after that meeting ended (and since I was only a mile away) I decided to pop into Quilter's Bee and see if there was anything I needed.  <g>  I was very good... all I bought was a small bag of buttons for $1 and  two fat quarters of doggie fabric to whip up my own doggie bag carrier casserole cover.  

And it didn't 'really' cost me anything 
since I used change from the car that's been piling up for quite some time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment