Friday, September 20, 2013

VERY happy to report that my back behaved the rest of the day yesterday!!!    By the afternoon I felt so much better, in fact, that I was 'tempted" (but resisted the urge!) to mow the yard (the worst part of which is emptying the bagful of clippings) while Tom and Alex worked hard out there.  It's easy to see a great improvement around the property... especially since this morning (when it was delightfully cool!!!) I raked and gathered all the bits and pieces left behind.  I don't know what caused my back flare-up issue yesterday morning, but I'm equally thrilled to report that (so far, at least!) the pain hasn't made a return appearance today despite cleaning the pool again this morning, plus raking/gathering.  I have no doubt that the pesky back pain will return from time to time..... but it was wonderful that this time (at least) the appearance was mercifully brief! 

While I was raking out front this I got to visit with our #215 bus driver when she stopped (briefly) by the yard, and also meet the mom (Becky) of one of Diane's students (Lila) who was out walking her dog.  Now that it's possible <g> to be outside people are starting to appear again after the summer hibernation.

And speaking of magic... I've never been one to watch America's Got Talent, but for some reason caught the last couple of episodes of this year's contest.  I was quite impressed with the (17-year-old!) magician Collins Key, and was sorry (and surprised!) to see him eliminated so early in the final round. (At least my first choice, Kinichi Ebina, did eventually win the competition.)  Collins obviously has a bright future ahead of him; I really expect we'll be seeing/hearing more of him!

Enjoy your Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment