Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I do keep saying that perspective and attitude are everything;  
still, it's lucky for penguins that polar bears live in a different hemisphere!

The school bus stop has moved from the side of our house (which we can't see) to the corner across the street, now giving me a perfect view from my recliner.  The other morning I saw a new safety feature that makes so much sense I wonder why it took so long for someone to think of it!  When the bus stops to pick up or let off students, a bar on the front of the bus swings out so the kids can't walk directly in front of the bus (where it's practically impossible for the driver to see the little ones.)  I remember taking little Lisa onto the bus to show her that exact blind spot just so she wouldn't walk in front of the bus.

That blind spot was the same reason I made her hold my hand in parking lots.  It wasn't that I worried about her running out into traffic (she was a responsible kid from Day 1); it was because it took a long time for her to grow tall enough to show up when trucks and SUVs were backing out (or even pulling out) of parking spaces. 
 (And I've had drivers almost run over me in parking lots 
because they weren't paying attention!) 

But Bana - I know you remember that day in the park with her on the slide!

No comments:

Post a Comment