Thursday, September 12, 2013

Don't think I mentioned how early I was awakened this morning; Tom's alarm went off at 4:30.  He and Steve and Kaye and Rich are taking advantage of all the recent rains to go grubbing in Chavez Canyon.

As long as I was up <sigh> I thought I'd take advantage of the (relatively) cool early morning temperature to do some yardwork.  I collected yet more downed grapefruit (a 5-gallon bucket plus) and then got busy weeding out back.  The ground is still nice and moist (DUH!) so the clumps of tall crabgrass came out easily, unlike the very tenacious goatheads.  Now the grass looks much tidier and (I hope!) won't need mowing quite as much.  While I didn't get it all (I gave up after my second trip to dump the bucket in the trash can) most of the backyard does look much, much, much better out there! 

Now it's getting a tad warm (well into the 90s, with that !@#$%^&* humidity), and when the dripping sweat gets all over my glasses and obscures my view I know it's time to come inside and shower and find something 'better' to do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment