Monday, September 23, 2013

I had a very good workout at the gym this morning.  Jim upped my weights (which proves progress, right?) plus I lasted considerably longer on the stair-master afterwards. I've also noticed a multitude of other improvements: I'm able to stand much longer without my back 'talking' to me, my posture is better, and (now that I'm doing the liquid protein thing right after workouts) I seem to have more energy, etc.  Jim also complimented me on my dedication (he sees me at the gym on days other than my Monday workout with him) and generally added to my motivation.  But while I can see tangible benefits, I still don't enjoy going to the gym - and definitely have to 'make' myself go.

I'd MUCH rather veg out and read!

Since the trash hadn't yet been picked up when I got home, right after my shake I headed into the front yard and attacked the olive tree mess.  The trimmings just kept piling up and piling up, so that the 'can' ended up almost a full yard taller.  And once the truck came by and emptied the can I promptly filled it up again (and then some... the lid won't close) with the waiting pile I'd raked the other day.  (Maybe I should have asked him if he'd consider swinging by when he finished in the neighborhood and do a second pickup?)  

Today is Alex's day off, and he's out back helping Tom attack the main ditch.  

That is going to take a lot of work and muscle, and I'm glad Tom won't have to do it by himself.  Of course Alex isn't completely selfless.... he's trading the work for the use of Tom's truck tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment