Monday, September 2, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LISA!

That incredibly special day when she was born doesn't seem all that long ago... Where does the time go?
   

Here we are on that September 2 Birth Day, beaming at each other

 and again a year later, on her first birthday.

To celebrate <g>, Patti and I went out for lunch and a movie.  Patti treated me at the Wildflower Bread Co., and when they heard we were celebrating my birthday (okay, a day early, but she has to work tomorrow) they said I qualified for a free dessert.  NO surprise I opted (of course) for their absolutely scrumptious chocolate cake because it's the best around!  Since we had the slice of cake but had to wait for our salads, we decided to eat dessert first (life is short, right?)


Turns out that Patti had never had their chocolate cake before, 
but after her first taste she agreed with my assessment.

After pigging out we popped into Michael's (she needed some baskets) and then it was off to the movies to see The Butler, which we both enjoyed. I thought most of the president portrayals were right on, with the exception of Nixon. 

 I'll be curious to see how many nominations the movie gets, and how many Oscars it wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment