Monday, September 16, 2013

Good news from the orthopedist!  Most likely I will not need surgery; Dr. Cummings is 95% certain that the issue can be solved with physical therapy!  
Apparently my pain is being caused by an inpingement, and the labral tear is just a red herring that isn't the real issue.  (Do you know more than you did a minute ago?)  

He gave me a cortisone shot (since it worked so well last time, and it's been 6 months) which I'm VERY happy to report worked immediately.  

 He also wrote me a scrip for physical therapy 3x/week for 6 weeks.  I've already made my appointment at the place he recommended, Arrowhead PT (with a name like that, they've got to be great, right?) and start next week with Noelle. 

NO more upper body exercises at the gym until this issue is resolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment