Monday, September 23, 2013

Today's smile is a whimsical beach sculpture. 

It certainly looks much easier than sand construction...
plus it'd be way more durable!

Patti and I started our afternoon yesterday lunching at the Wildflower, and then came back here to (ostensibly) sew.  Except she was pretty wiped out; I'm sure the stress of thinking all week that she was going to have to start working at the high school today (which at the last minute didn't happen) did not help. Even though she brought her sewing in with her she decided she'd rather veg out and watch a movie.  So we did!

In the Good Timing Department: Just moments after we got back from lunch, Mom's gift was delivered. (I had left an envelope with payment by the front door, but it was nicer to actually get to say THANKS for the delivery in person.)

It's a great story, but of course with Mom reading my blog I can't divulge all the details.  So here's the abbreviated version.

At the Wickenburg Bluegrass Festival (with Patti) several years ago, there was a craft booth selling an item I knew would be great for Mom, but I needed one made from a specific material.  Patricia said she'd keep an eye out for it.  The following year at the festival I checked in with Patricia, who remembered me and let me know she was still watching for it.  This past July when I was in Show Low 'camping' with Jan we went to a craft show, and there was Patricia.  AND she'd been able to get her hands on the item.  Once she was back in the Valley she was going to give me a call.  And I got the call yesterday.

So Mom, start wondering!

Tom got home yesterday from his 3-day weekend in the LA area (and just in time to watch the next-to-last episode of Breaking Bad <g>)  He had gone to California to check out Henry's property (north of the city) and help him look for gold.  Unfortunately it does not sound promising, just like all of Henry's grand treasure-finding schemes over the years.  Poor guy - we'd both hoped that maybe he was (finally!!!) on to something.

No comments:

Post a Comment