Sunday, December 24, 2017

Yesterday I decided to locate the juicer (still learning where everything's new home is in the kitchen) and make some OJ after picking up the crop of downed oranges.  But I was concerned when ALL of the ones on the ground turned out to have been hollowed out by something.  It definitely was not the work of bugs, but no idea what critter(s) did it.  Sure hope we haven't had the dreaded roof rats move in!  After pluck oranges off the tree, filling a large bag, I got to work, though only ended up with a quart to show for all my efforts. 


Still, it was a nice way to start off the morning today, and I hope the mega-doses of vitamin C help ward off illness since no doubt we were exposed to a fair number of germs at school on Friday.  Yesterday my nose alternated between sneezing and a slow drip, and I hope to keep anything more serious at bay!  


Yesterday I hard boiled the eggs, and today need to devil them.  I'm glad Alex reminded me about them when reeled off my menu for tomorrow's meal and had inadvertently forgotten all about them!  Also need do a quick last minute shop - guess we also ought to have something available for dessert?  Otherwise I think I'm in pretty good shape for our small gathering.  



There was a scoring "discussion" last night during one cribbage hand.  Not only did Tom and I disagree on how many points his hand held (we went round and round with our reasonings), but eventually, when I checked an impartial scoring site on the internet, it came up with a third number!  I counted 16 (which is what he ended up pegging), the site proclaimed it was worth 18, and he counted 24.  I was willing to let him take the additional 2 pegs from the 'net, though he declined - and then lost the game by two pegs. 


For those of you who play and wish to make your own guess: 
his hand held a 5, 6, 7, 7 - and the turned up card revealed another 7.



 Guess it's time to get some other things done around the house...








No comments:

Post a Comment