Friday, December 29, 2017

Quite the upper-body workout at the gym this morning.  It's been a while (before I left for California) and I'm pretty sure I'll be feeling the after-effects over the next few days.  Luckily my legs haven't been too unhappy after Tuesday's workout.  
Afterward I made a trip to Winco for a 'few things' to have on hand during Lisa & Logan's visit.  The store was quite crowded and it took a while, and when I came out to the parking lot I had a lot of trouble finding my car.  I was beginning to worry that it had been stolen, but turned out just to be several aisles away from where I thought I had parked.
 


Jeannie was out and about walking her dogs and stopped in to say hi and see the new kitchen.  She really, really likes everything we did in there.  While we were chatting the doorbell rang, and it was Cheri.  She was delivering a copy of The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb, by Melanie Benjamin, our February book club selection.   


She couldn't stay to visit (Bob was waiting out in the car) but she did need to take a quick peek at the new kitchen, and also approved of the upgrade.    



I did have to make a quick trip to the library this afternoon to pick up the traditional DVD for New Year's Eve that arrived today.  No idea if Logan's ever seen it, but we sure have.... every year! 



While driving on my way to the libary I got a call from Irene that my quilt is on the frame.  It's not clear if she'll finish and get it back to me before Lisa leaves on Monday, but that would be nice.  I do need it soon so I can snap a pic and get my entry to the AQG office before the January 19 deadline.  It's always fun to have something in the show (last year it was the dachshund quilt that elicited smiles from everyone) though I am under NO illusions that I am "the best"!  Just think it's a fun quilt, and people will enjoy seeing it.







No comments:

Post a Comment