Friday, December 22, 2017

Tom's presentation, with all the hands-on goodies he brought to pass around, was a success today.  And the fact that 3 lucky kids, one from each class, went home with an arrowhead Tom had knapped generated quite a lot of excitement.


We weren't home very long when Patti called and asked if Tom lent someone a gas can.  Seemed like an off-the-wall question, but I said I'd ask him.  After further inquiry it turned out that some guy in the school parking lot had borrowed one "from someone named Tom" and she guessed it was us.  It wasn't.

A few minutes later Wanda texted asking if we "are accepting a guest with goodies" - silly question!  She arrived with four different types of desserts she had baked - and (naturally) I had to sample several.  No complaints here, even though some would be labeled "used" by her SIL, meaning they were leftovers from some other event.  Wanda knows I don't care about that!



She and I were just heading out the door when Alex appeared.  He had gotten in around 1:00 this morning, and was locked out of the back house.  He used the hidden key to get in here, and grabbed what he thought were his keys, but turned out to be Tom's set to my car.  Which explains why those keys were MIA (when we were getting ready to head over to school this morning) instead of where I KNEW I had put them last night - on the dryer with all the other keys (because the key rack came down for painting.)  I had even moved the dryer, and searched in dark crannies with a flashlight.  It would be an expensive key to replace, so I'm very glad it isn't really lost!



Alex had a great time in Colorado, though there wasn't much new snow.  He did get to be in a video one of the professional photographers had made; Alex's shredding is the finale!  


It reminds me of that time at Sea World when 5-year-old Lisa decided we should sit in the splash zone... but neither she nor 3-year-old Alex were happy campers after Shamu swam by and did his thing!


Wanda and I did eventually make it up to Marcie's, where she was awed by the house in general, and the sewing room in particular.  



No comments:

Post a Comment