Sunday, December 24, 2017

Didn't get as much done today as I would have liked -
though no doubt a lot of people are in that same boat today! 


The grocery store was a happening place, so I was glad to get that over with.  A little later I had just peeled and halved the hard boiled eggs when Alex came over with DJ, hoping I could give them a ride to the stadium for the Cardinals' game.  Of course!  They planned to Uber back (I'm very happy they're being responsible and not driving after drinking) but ended up sitting with and getting a ride back with Taylor and Tyler.  She's pregnant, so by default is the DD these days.  It was a zoo at the stadium, and took me considerable time to get out and back to the highway, so I was surprised that Tom was surprised that I was back "so quick".



I was almost home when Marcie called to see if it was a good time for her and Latina to come over (of course!)  We visited for a while Latina raced around the yard and explored.  She's still not sure about Pokey, who was out and about this afternoon, but otherwise loves our yard.

Did eventually get the eggs deviled, and was so worn out <g> I had to go rest (and watch another episode of Downton Abbey.)  Hope I'm not trying to get really sick!



  Alex came by after the game, when we had some soup and muffins together. Then he went back to wrap gifts (yes, Alex, we do have scotch tape, and scissors, and wrapping paper <g>) while I baked angel food cake for the strawberry 'shortcake' dessert that he requested for tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment