Sunday, December 10, 2017

Wanda and I had fun at Modern Quilts yesterday; certainly no surprise there! I restrained myself by only buying one yard of fabric (of this happy cactus print)


and she found two perfect fabrics to coordinate with a panel Mary had gifted her.  These colors figured predominantly in her panel, and she found just the right grunge to go with them.


We looked at the of the display quilts to get some ideas of how to cut up the panel.  Of course whatever she decides (my suggestion was "too easy"!) will turn out wonderful.



After a very filling lunch (I never did eat dinner last night!) we headed up to her daughter Sue's interior decorating store in Carefree.  It was packed with lots of lovely things (though most out of my price range) including several that Wanda had created.  The stunning Sedona quilt (which she and five other very talented ladies created; it has traveled to many shows and captured many, many ribbons) is currently there on display - and for sale. 


IF I could find that basement door Dad used to joke about <g>
I'd head downstairs to print up some money and buy it!



Hoping to make more headway on the Evidence exam today, and of course Tom and I need to empty all the furniture out of the dining room and family room in preparation for Dennis to paint (tomorrow?) 



Then there are several things I must do before heading to California: rebook my hotel reservation for February's quilt retreat (turns out that the "special" price they gave our group is almost twice what is charged for booking online!), order a gift or two for Logan, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment