Wednesday, December 20, 2017

This morning was spent sweeping and mopping (yes, the house really did need it after all the construction!)  In the afternoon we made a trip to the library, where Tom is rapidly 'depleting' their stash of books on those subjects of interest to him.  I found a couple of books and Season 1 of Downton Abbey!  Of course having now watched the second and the third seasons in California (we definitely binged with Elena while she was recuperating) it will be interesting to see how the characters were developed in the beginning.  



We stopped at the hardware store at 35th & Deer Valley on our way home (so I could replace the key that got broken off in the back door when the refrigerator was being moved) and they were still dealing with the cars from the horrible crash at the intersection.  Of course I'm no expert, but judging from the considerable damage to both cars (and the shattered windshield on one) I'm guessing there were some serious injuries.  My other guess is that one of the cars was speeding to beat the yellow/red - or just plain ran the red light at a high rate of speed.



Tom dropped me off at Marcie's so I could return her suitcase and see another quilt that Irene had  finished.  The quilting is beautiful, and even after Marcie pointed out the blocks that are wrong I still can't see the problem.  So I'm guessing that no one else will ever notice! 


Latina almost seemed to have forgotten me in the week I was gone, but eventually warmed up to me.  Apparently she was quite happy with 3-year-old grandson Silas, but wanted nothing to do with Marcie's daughter Marnie.  Two of the gifts for Logan had arrived (Amazon Prime is certainly speedy), she had a bag of food for Pokey, and was returning the stool that Silas had used to reach the sink to brush his teeth, so instead of walking home she and Latina drove me.



Patti stopped by on her way home from work with her gift for me.  It turned out to be an adorable penguin mug and some fancy hot cocoa mixes, and a nice hairbrush (much needed!)  I was expecting one of the handy microwave bowl holders that all the quilting ladies love since I knew that's what she was making for all the ladies at school.  I actually loaned her the pattern, though I haven't yet gotten around to making one myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment