Thursday, December 28, 2017

I've been trying to get the house organized, and now that the kitchen and pantry are (more or less) under control I have started in on Alex's room.  I did make substantial inroads in there, but naturally there's still plenty more to be done.  Yesterday afternoon I found out that Lisa and Logan will be spending Saturday and Sunday nights here, so before then I will need to address her old room as well.  We're likely not the only empty-nesters that have used the kids' old rooms as catch-alls, but I thought I had another 6 weeks (before Mom's arrival in mid-February) to get going in there.



Marcie helped me rehome most of the penguins yesterday, while Latina 'supervised'.  Poor little pooch was recovering from Tuesday's surgery.  She turned 6 months old on Christmas, and has  finally reached the 3# minimum weight - so now she's chipped and spayed.



Tom seemed somewhat on the mend yesterday, though mostly he rattled around the house instead of actually doing much.  I'm dealing with minor cold symptoms, and hoping not to get truly sick.  To that end I have been drinking the OJ that I 'squoze' from our oranges, and drinking EmergenC.  So far, so good!



And speaking of cold - hard to imagine living in places like Erie (which got outrageous amounts of snow dumped on it the past few days, basically hitting their total annual average snow amount just this month!) or any of the many places around the country experiencing absurd low temps and wind chills these days.  SO GLAD that I no longer live in Chicago!!!


The weather prediction for Times Square at midnight Sunday is 11 degrees.  I doubt it will scare off too many revelers... but (of course!) does not sound the least bit appealing to me!






No comments:

Post a Comment