Thursday, December 21, 2017

When I gassed up this morning at 43rd & Union Hills, it looked like there had been an accident at the intersection that left debris and resulted in a lane blocked off.  But as I tried to go around through the shopping center (heading to Winco to pick up a turkey so it can start thawing for Monday), Union Hills was blocked off a block or so to the west, where I could see a dozen flashing emergency vehicles. No word yet on what happened, though I'm guessing it was bad.



It was only 50 degrees when I was gassing up (those of you in other areas of the country are no doubt laughing at my definition of cold.) Of course the pool water is MUCH colder than that, so by the time I had scooped countless bags of cottonwood leaves from the surface this morning (much easier to remove before they get water-logged and sink!) and emptied them into the bucket my hands were quite numb.



I've caught up on several loads of laundry, windexed windows and the penguin cabinet, wrapped gifts, and started reloading the shelves in the hallway.  So I'd say it's been a productive day, so far anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment