Friday, December 22, 2017

Last night (while catching up on Jeopardy) I got started blind-stitching a binding for Wanda.  Guess her ears must have been burning. because she called to chat for a bit.  Didn't expect to see her before Christmas, except 'rumor' is that she has baked some chocolate goodies that might be delivered this afternoon!  I managed to get about 3/4 of the way around the quilt before I ran out of black hand-quilting thread (have been looking for more for quite a while) but by then it was almost 11:00.


Up (too) early this morning, I finished reading Kipling's 1897 novel Captains Courageous, which I had picked up randomly at the library the other day.  While I've seen the 1937 movie (with its stellar cast) countless times, I'd never read the book. Turns out that this is one of those unique situations where I prefer the movie to the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment