Thursday, December 7, 2017

Haven't posted in several days.  In fact yesterday I got an "are you okay?" e-mail, so at least people have missed me. <g>



There's just been lots going on, and (like everyone else this time of year) I seem to be way behind on everything.  Will try to catch up!

Tuesday afternoon Tom and I spent the afternoon in Scottsdale at a lengthy meeting with our tax advisor.  In November we learned that our current financial advisor was closing up shop in early December (thus had virtually no advance warning!) and of course there are looming deadlines, particularly with regard to the IRAs, that need to be met to avoid major tax penalties.


The final exam for EVIDENCE was Tuesday.  Of course I got my copy via e-mail that day, and wasn't constrained by the same 3-hour time limit as the "real" students.  I got about halfway through it Tuesday evening before I set it aside, and never found time to get back to it yesterday - but would like to finish it up before I forget everything!



Wednesday morning was the annual Busy Bee party, so Tuesday night I also needed to "cook" what I'd signed up for: Waldorf Salad.  It was a festive affair, and everyone dressed for the fun; I loved Sharon's Santa headgear!  


Hope everyone noticed the adorable stocking wall-hanging in the background. It was not yet quilted when Louise showed it to me on Sunday as I was dropping off a few things at her house, and in fact I think she mentioned during the party that she was actually finishing up the binding that morning!



Monica, our Queen Bee this year, seemed to like the blocks we gifted her.


Here are the center block and label that Louise made:



The bee blocks that have come in so far are adorable.


Here's the one I made; my background fabric looks like honeycombs.



There were gifts for the Board Members, and also for those who had taught classes.  I was surprised to hear my name called (forgot about my September bag class) and here's what I took home.



The ladies had created some adorable table decorations -


and cute silverware holders.



The mistle-toe exchange was fun to watch.  All the bags had adorable, snuggly socks - and most included other goodies such as foot creams, pedicure sets, toenail polish, etc.


When I got home the new dining table had been delivered, as well as my "marshmallow" recliner. (Pictures later!)  But Cesar had not come to do the baseboards.

Now gotta run - mammogram fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment