Thursday, July 23, 2015


This is Friday's post, not Thursday's. 

Yesterday I whipped up lunch for the 3 of us (Tom had gone off looking for arrowheads.) I diced up the leftover roasted potatoes and some of the leftover steak, added some onions and cheese, and made up yummy scrambled eggs.  (We found out later that Tom had stopped for lunch in Saguache, where the restaurant was quite busy.  After he'd waited an hour the waitress came by and apologized... she'd forgotten to put in his order! He did eventually get his food, and had his meal comped.)

I spent the afternoon around the house, working on my needlework, helping Terry hang one of the heavy gates (the other one became rather warped and is currently trying to straighten up under some heavy rocks), and even taking a nice nap.


Did you notice a small splash of orange on the gate?  Pretty little fungi!


I did (finally) take my "annual" sunflower shots yesterday from the party pool, looking out over the valley.



Now that I've started getting into landscape quilts, once I return home I plan to look back at my pix from over the years and see if I can choose a favorite to immortalize in fabric.

After dinner last night we watched the first segment of the PBS documentary Faces of America - it was fascinating, and I'm looking forward to watching the next part of it.


This morning I swam 28 lengths, and IF things go as planned, tomorrow I should hit 1/2 a mile with 32 lengths.  Not sure what else is on the agenda for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment