Friday, July 3, 2015

Today Tom and I went to see Alex at the Ak-Chin Pavilion.  We had a little trouble finding Gate 6 for the rendezvous; after that, however, all went smoothly.  It was quite the set-up, and we enjoyed having Alex show us around.  Even with the cloud cover and "cool" temps only around 90 (though muggy, to make up for not being 115) Alex was dripping from his exertions.



This is the back of the stage, 
where Alex is showing Tom some of controls.


When we first got there I had wanted to take a picture of Alex but he demurred, obviously not wanting to be seen having his picture taken by his tourist mother.  


Until DJ's mother Betsy said she wanted a picture of DJ, 
so then it was okay for me to snap this pic of my son.


In this one I'm drinking some of the newest flavor,
which was surprisingly good!


On the way home we stopped in at Quilter's Bee (we were nearby, looking for DW Dog which Tom thought was nearby but he never did find) where I ran in and got Margaret's Row By Row, the Central Arizona Project canal.  For lunch we ended up at the Greek Gyro place, where I chowed down on a falafel pita - much better than a hot dog, right?

Back home I was all set to post the RockStar pictures, but my mouse was not happy.  New batteries usually do the trick, but unfortunately not this time.  Since Perri was heading over to help me finish my sock I had to wait to run that errand.  But look! Now I have a pair of socks to bring with me to the hot springs!!!


And once I made a trip to Target and got a mouse, 
Tom was able to make my computer happy once again.  


He said it actually was easy to install, despite the fact that the directions were not written in English; apparently the diagrams were all he needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment