Thursday, July 23, 2015

Yesterday Tom took Neil on a drive (to Crestone, Moffat, and Villa Grove) while Terry and I drove to Salida for a shopping trip.  It's such a pretty little town, and we even saw a doe wandering around front yards nibbling on the plants.  One yard was entirely wildflowers (we were past it before I could take a picture, but that's on the agenda during next week's shop.) This house had an interesting tree out front; I have no idea what it is, but will see if I can find out.


Of course the grocery store was our last stop, but one of the first ones was the quilt store, Fringe, to pick up their Row By Row pattern.  


I also picked up some goodies to toss into the party pool for the kids to find.  Between Walmart and the toy store (next trip I'll see what the Five & Dime has) this is what I found.


The marbles are tiny ones I've never seen before - much smaller than a dime!


For lunch at the bakery we shared a scrumptious chicken salad sandwich (Terry had warned me that their sandwiches were on the huge side) but sadly had no room left for dessert.

I found a wonderful chocolate tin (for stashing fabric pieces) at one of the antique stores, where Terry found a bell for Neil.  At the book store I got their last YAY, BOOKS! magnet, and also a mammoth tome on the sale shelf for Tom: A History of the World in 100 Objects - From the Handax to the Credit Card



This morning I swam 24 lengths in the nice clean swimming pool, and after breakfast I'll head up to the party pool and distribute some of these 'jewels'.

No comments:

Post a Comment