Sunday, July 19, 2015

Chatted with Loren by the pool today after I again noticed him reading a woodcarving magazine. Turns out he's a sculptor and painter - and the curator of the Denver Art Society.  (I'd pointed him out to Tom yesterday, and after talking together a bit Tom gave him some fire obsidian to "play"  with. ). One of the things I love about this place is all the interesting folks I meet.  After I mentioned my total lack of any drawing ability (I never got past stick figures and lollipop trees) Loren gave me an impromptu art lesson.

Once the clouds rolled in I got chilly so decided to pop into the sauna. Yep, that warmed me  right up!
And putting on real clothes helped also.  I have a new Valley View long sleeved shirt.

Terry loaded another batch of pix for me. Here's proof that folks come from far away to enjoy this special place!


And while we're looking at cars, this bumper sticker that made me smile:



'This guy' certainly looks relaxed... <g>


Hi, Tom!



This pic, of the Apple Pool, is for Marilyn.  Can you tell why I thought of you?


Maybe this close-up of the flowers above the waterfall will help:



Here's yesterday's rainbow from Elinor & Richard's house - the hot springs are located at the base of the mountain that's barely visible in the photo.


Bunny munching on Elinor's rhubarb... looks like a big job for a little critter!


Elinor had found this antler embedded in an aspen tree (maybe years earlier someone found it and stashed it in the fork of the tree meaning to collect it later and then forgot?) Two years later when she went back the tree had fallen over without breaking off the antler tips! It makes an interesting table base.



Pretty flowers hanging outside Sunset rooms.


No comments:

Post a Comment