Sunday, July 26, 2015

I was in a "mood" last night, so not only did I have trouble falling asleep, but I was up during the night.  Still in a crappy mood this morning I decided to pass on swimming laps and went straight to soaking.  I even had the party pool to myself for a while.


People did dribble in after a bit.  The does don't seem to mind the hum of conversation, and come right down to the water's edge to graze.


New arrivals to the pool warrant her attention, but don't really bother her.


Her fawn, however, is a different story.  We could hear it calling to her from the safety of the woods (the sound is a cross between a meow and a squeak) though she didn't seem to care, and pretty much ignored it.  I managed this shot, which captured the spots.


Yesterday Neil had difficulty climbing the steps out of the party pool, complaining of their slipperiness.  And he's right; the thick growth of algae (which thrives in the warm water) had made them treacherous.  So this morning I borrowed a bristle brush from Mark and went to work.  It was not as difficult as I thought it might be, and in short order I had the railing and steps scrubbed back down to the metal.  Everyone using them afterward was properly appreciative.



No comments:

Post a Comment