Saturday, July 11, 2015

Yesterday I did not get as much accomplished as I'd hoped (pretty much par these days) although I did finish mowing in the morning.



 Then I did some mucking of my sewing area; that always makes it look SO much better, but <alas, alack> it never seems to stay that way for very long!



I also collected a pile of green fabrics for today's project at Colleen's.  Not sure who else will be there besides Colleen and Yolanda, but we all plan to share our greens.



Alex called in the afternoon (while I was taking a lovely nap)


Apparently next week he's going to have a 4-day 'vacation' instead of following the tour into Canada because he's one of the few (the only?) of the crew that would actually be allowed to cross the border.  (Something about DUIs and other run-ins with the law?)  So instead the guys are going to camp and white water raft "somewhere" (in Virginia?)  I'm pretty sure they will all enjoy the peace and quiet after listening to that blood and death rock "music" every night.


Then came the real reason <g> for his call...


to ask if it would be okay for Aja to store a couple of boxes in with his boxes.


Guess what I said?


When Aja came by later to drop them off she finally got to meet Tom (and vice versa) and the three of us chatted for a while.  We ended up looking at some of Alex's early photo albums, a blast from the past which was fun for all.  


And then Tom invited Aja to go out to dinner with us.  Alex was surprised when he called her (while we were at the restaurant) and found out where she was; can only imagine what was going through his head.... LOL



Tom got to take care letting the irrigation water go last night (way past my bedtime!) Hard to tell this morning how it went because most of it has already soaked in, but it does look like the trees in the front yard got a decent drink, and that's the most important thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment