Friday, July 17, 2015

First order of business this morning was a soak in the Apple Pool - perfect way to start the day! But realized, when I saw Julianna's ears, that I forgot to get dressed... left my earrings on the dresser. 

Maureen had on a great hat from a winery in Virginia (where's she from) that I am definitely going to have to get for Tom.  Of course I took a pic (with new friends Julianna and her brother, whose name I've already forgotten... just that it starts with a T) but you'll just have to keep wondering about the name of the winery for next few weeks until my camera and I return home.

My PLAN while here is to swim laps every day, and increase the number daily.  The pool is Olympic sized, so each length is a good distance.  I'd like to chalk up today's slow start, only 4 lengths, to the altitude (8700'), but in truth it's probably mostly due to the fact that I'm way, way, way out of shape.


In the Dang It Dept.: I meant to get on the library site before we left and put my Hold List actually on hold so books wouldn't come in while we're gone and I'd have to sign up again and start from the bottom of the list.  But I spaced out putting that on my 'to do before we leave' list, so it didn't happen.  And the reason I'm mentioning it now is that when I connected yesterday and checked my e-mail, sure enough there was a notice from the library saying I had a book in.  And not just any book, but the new (and apparently controversial) one by Harper Lee, Go Set A Watchman.  If it had come in a day or so earlier I could be reading it up here. 




No comments:

Post a Comment