Saturday, July 18, 2015

Yesterday Amelia requested that I regale her beau Bob with my "incredible" rendition of The Cremation of Sam MaGee (she was obviously quite impressed last year) but we all agreed it should wait until later when the sun dipped and it cooled off.

I finally got chilly last night and had to put on jeans, a long-sleeved shirt - and my socks! (Terry was properly impressed with how 'real' my first attempt turned out.) After dinner (grilled turkey burgers) and dessert (chocolate chip cookies warm from the oven) we started watching a Netflix, an excellent documentary, Breaking The Maya Code.  It was fascinating, but I just couldn't keep my eyes open, so it's one I'll be adding to our list once we get home.



This morning after a relaxing soak I once again swam laps, and today logged 8 lengths.  So far, so good - I'm on a roll!  Here's pretty much the plan for the rest of the day:



Today there will be the OLT Board meeting going on most of the day, and that includes lunch 'for everyone' at the pavilion.  Deb (who is on the board) arrived here last night, and she's cooking dinner for us tonight.  :)

Mark mentioned that he and John are going to be playing music at the Oak House tonight, which will be wonderful... assuming I can stay awake until they start, around 8:30.   Last night I was dozing through the movie around then!

Tom stayed in the shade as much as possible yesterday, but still ended up getting way too much sun anyway. His (relatively) new allergy to the sun is going to make things somewhat difficult for him this vacation. 

Just got an e-mail from Patti with good news - her surgery is (finally) scheduled for this coming Monday.  She's definitely ready to be feeling better, so I'm very glad they're not going to make her wait until the following Monday (which happens to be her birthday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment