Thursday, July 9, 2015

This morning I met some of the quilting ladies at Starbucks for the monthly get-together.  Jeannie brought 3 quilts she finished (for a client we all know), and of course they are stunning.  I brought my scrap quilt to show, and then turned it over to Jeannie; it should be all quilted by the time I get back from Colorado.  I also brought Lisa's birthday gift to show, which the ladies loved - and said they need to get the woman who taught that portrait class to do one for them!  


Barb was working on this project.



On the drive home on Loop 101 I had to swerve to avoid debris (a door?!) on the highway.  When I got home I tracked down the number to call to report it; hopefully they were able to remove it before an accident happened! And now I'll have the number with me for the the next time something like that happens.


After that I took the rest my plants over to Patti's, and then she gave me a haircut.  I'm crossing things off of my list and getting closer to being ready to leave on vacation.


Heard from Kathy today (in Canada) that she's picked up 6 Row By Row patterns for me. It'll be exciting to see what they look like... no doubt Canadians have a slightly different view about water than we do here in the desert?



The Social Security headache continues. Yesterday I got a letter in the mail saying they needed some information (basically 'proof' that Tom and I are married) and to fill out the enclosed form and send it back in the enclosed envelope or my SS retirement benefits would be halted.  Of course there was NO form, NO envelope, and Tom had already called (twice) and left voicemail messages trying to contact the woman who originally asked for the info.  Very frustrating, although when I called her today I was actually able (!) to connect with her. I put Tom on the phone and IN THEORY things are now taken care of - but I won't believe it until the money actually appears in my account.


Alex's health insurance seems to have gone through - his card and policy info arrived in yesterday's mail, so that's one less thing to worry about!



No comments:

Post a Comment