Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Fence reconstruction started yesterday (Terry wants to get another dog) and Tom was a big help pounding in some of the posts.

I meandered up the 'new' path to the Meadow pool; I like the nice bridge and deck, but the pool itself  is too shallow for my taste, which I guess is why I virtually never spend time in that one. Next stop was the Waterfall pool, where the serious pressure made for nice neck massage.  But my favorites remain the Apple and Party pools.

Yesterday afternoon (and throughout the evening) we got even more rain, so I'm making good progress on my needlework.

Around dinner time I used Terry's phone to check on Patti, and spoke with Gary.  Patti was sleeping, but he said her surgery was a complete success.

This morning was lazy, and I wasn't moving that fast (but at least I didn't cook the water jug in the microwave and leave my mug of water sitting on the counter like yesterday!)  With such a late start, around 9:00, I wondered if I'd be able to swim laps today. (Tomorrow I won't be able to because Wednesdays are when they drain the pool and power wash the algae.) Surprisingly I had the pool to myself this morning (maybe all the other swimmers had already finished, and with the gloomy skies apparently no one was yet ready to hang out and play yet) so I did ratchet up to 20 lengths.  Just for fun I took my pulse after some of the freestyle lengths, and it got up to about 140, so I'm definitely getting in some aerobic exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment