Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Yesterday afternoon Marcela uploaded my quilt show pix onto her computer, and while going through them (it was like being at the show all over again) I righted the pix that I'd taken with the camera sideways. We oohed and aahed at our favorites all over again.

After a late afternoon shower I got to try out the new steamer before I got dressed (works well, and easily.) Then at 4:00 we picked up Jessie and headed down to Laguna Beach to meet up with Fatima. I found a parking spot right outside the entrance of the Pageant of the Masters (!) and then we walked down to the beach. Perfect weather for a stroll and a little foo-foo shopping. We had to stop in at one store that had exotic dresses in the window (think young bodies, like Lisa or Elena's) but I actually found a beautiful blouse on the 75% off rack that came home with me.

Stopped in at a gallery that is part of a foundation to save the ocean. Jerusalem has the Western Wall (which is often mistakenly called the Wailing Wall) and Laguna Beach had The Whaling Wall mural on the outside of the building.

We picked up sandwiches at Whole Foods and then headed in to the Pageant. As late as we were, we actually got a table (the last one) and enjoyed our picnic dinner while listening to the pre-pageant concert. We were telling Jessie all about the quilt show, and I pulled out my camera to show her some of the pix. That's when I discovered that all the pix that I thought I was rotating on the computer were actually being changed on the camera's memory disk... and the camera could no longer read them!

A little time to wander the art (stunning!!!) and then off to our seats under the warm sky. This is the 80th year of the pageant, and I can see why people keep going back. Hard to describe (when I get home I'll post the link so you can see for yourself) but basically live people (as opposed to dead corpses?) are used to recreate works of art (paintings and sculptures.) And you would swear they are paintings or bronzes. At one point in the show they demonstrate to the audience just how they do it - but it still boggles the mind. If you're near Laguna Beach in the summer, put it on your to-do list. This summer's theme is The Big Picture, and shows how art inspired movies. I picked up a wealth of info about movies/directors/actors, etc.

Of course it was another late night - the 2-hour show doesn't start until 8:30 - so it was bumping midnight when we got home. I did fine all evening, though, only feeling tired during the intermission at 9:30. Once the (non) action started up again I was fine.

Nothing planned for today except possibly a little shopping. Who knows what goodies Marcela will find for me to go with my new blouse? She's a great shopper (and we all know how I feel about shopping!) and after watching her help Ramona sort through her closet Sunday night, I'd love to get her to attack mine for me... It just never seems to happen on my own, and Marcela would be ruthless!

No comments:

Post a Comment