Tuesday, August 27, 2013

This morning's MRI was uneventful - though noisy as ever.  Afterward I asked if I could see the images on the computer; I'm still as curious as ever.  As Dad used to say:

I was told that's not allowed 'because there is all sorts of patient info on there' (though you'd think it would only be my info on the screen, and why that would be an issue I don't know...) 

But the technician did offer to make me a CD.  He asked if I'd had any other procedures done there (yes) and said he'd pop them on also as long as he was at it.  I haven't had a chance to check out the CD yet, but am especially curious about an x-ray of my foot in 2011...I have NO memory of an injury to my foot.

On the way home I stopped in at Harbor Freight to (finally) buy a replacement for the electric hedge trimmer that was stolen during the Shed/Shop Heist a few years ago.  Armed with my 20% off coupon, I asked the cashier to point me in the right direction.  

Turns out they don't carry that item, so that's another thing to add to my Home Depot list.

Quick stop at the grocery store, and once home I called Aetna Specialty to order next month's supply of Forteo (be be delivered on Thursday, signature required.)  Hopefully she gave me the correct ID# this time. Last month I had to keep calling UPS and Aetna back several times to get the necessary numerical info just so I could find out the approximate delivery time so I could at least pop into the shower at some point.

It's muggy out there and definitely not a dry heat these days; I will NOT miss the monsoon humidity once it leaves.  Last night we had some serious rain/thunder/lightning here.  

After one particularly loud BOOM (which accompanied a bright flash of lightning) I thought we might lose power, but we didn't.  Later, watching the news, it seems that fun was pretty much restricted to Tempe.  We did, however, have some weather issues on this side of town; the I-17 underpass at Greenway (just 3 miles from here) was closed due to flooding.

Hope this afternoon is more productive than yesterday afternoon
(when I napped away most of it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment