Saturday, August 17, 2013

I slept in Friday morning, so it was warm when I mowed the backyard; we tied the record for the day, reaching 113. But at least now the mowing and weed-eating is ALL DONE!  
(At least for a short while, Bailey!)

In the afternoon I got my nails done, and also opted for a pedicure.  My nails, never strong to begin with, became even thinner from the chemo.  My toenails have developed ridges, and about half of them were splitting (despite keeping them very short.)   So instead of leaving them naked after the pedicure (and letting them breathe) Latasha put some sort of clear stuff (how's that for an official term?) on them designed to fill in the ridges and help keep them from splitting.

Once I got home I relaxed poolside while Summer and the 5 boys (her 4, and the 1 'loaner') swam. But while I was sitting in my low blue chair (minding my own business, thank you very much) 
all of a sudden the chair broke and my butt landed on the hard deck. Surprisingly it was more of a surprise than painful, but of course today it doesn't feel that good.

I got a couple of the boys to help me move one of the huge downed limbs that had some of its upper branches hanging over into the ditch, and afterward they noticed Tom's collection of "gravel" (which is what they call the rocks in their yard) outside his shop.  Turns out that (like so many kids) the boys are into rocks and fossils, so after the they were done swimming, I asked Tom to show them some of his special rocks. (I 'accidentally' <g> neglected to mention how they maligned his rocks by calling them gravel...)





After dinner I was watching TV 
when all of a sudden the room started spinning.  
It lasted for a while, and then came and went all evening.  I also got that 'prickly' feeling a couple of times.  This morning I feel so-so, and hope it was just 'one of those things'!  

We were both a little concerned, because that's exactly how Tom felt playing racquetball before his 'episode' in December - although hard to believe I could have had a heart attack or mini-stroke what with having a clear ECHO cardiogram every 3 months.  But (of course) if it happens again <sigh> I will have to do something about it.

Except for maybe getting some work done on the Panel Challenge (due soon!) there's nothing on for today until this evening, when we're supposed to go over to Jeannie's for a cookout and an evening of Mexican Train.

  Obviously I will have to play that by ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment